ESIX VPIX (Simul-Task386) Mouse DOS5.0

Phil Hughes fyl at ssc.UUCP
Thu Jun 27 05:12:57 AEST 1991

In article <1997 at grout.UUCP>, ejp at grout.UUCP (Eric Porter) writes:
> I have been using Esix with a copy of AT&T Simul-Task 386 (ie. VPIX)
> I have had no problem.  Except the mouse does not seem to work.  I have
> a microsoft bus mouse.  I do have the mouse working with X, so I know
> unix can find the mouse.  I would be gratefull for any help!
>
> Also, I tried running the Microsoft DOS5.0 upgrade to my dos under vpix..
> It worked except "redir.exe" will not run.  It complains about the version
> of dos then exits.  Anyone have any better luck?  For now I changed back to
> my old 3.30 rev of dos. :-)

Don't tell anyone that I know about this* :-) but setver might solve
your problem.  I have just finished updating our MS-DOS reference card to
5.0 and noticed this cute comand call setver.  It is designed to lie to
a program about what version of DOS you are running.
You will also probably have to add setver.sys to your config.sys file.

* We are really UNIX people and I wouldn't want anyone to find out
I know something about MS-DOS.  Sort of like knowing Cobol and claiming
you are a programmer. :-)
--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
     uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or fyl at ssc.wa.com            (206)527-3385