ISA vs EISA motherboard for Interactive Unix (or 386 based unix)

Willy Paine paine at fungus.dec.com
Wed Mar 27 08:38:07 AEST 1991

Now I am using Interactive Unix v2.2.1 in old 386 box with rather
new Adaptec ESDI controller and SpeedStor 650 megB.

I am thinking upgrade motherboard to use either 386-33 or any 486
to speed up news processing and X/Motif Windows.   I want to know
the pro and con on wether I should buy EISA or ISA.   Cost of EISA
is about $1500 more expensive than ISA!  Interactive do have EISA
driver for no extra charge.  Do you have any comment about this
if you have EISA machine?

Thank you for your time....

willy

fungus.zso.dec.com!paine or seaeast.wa.com!willyp