Digiboard PC8i and dropping of DTR

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Fri Mar 29 03:22:57 AEST 1991

In comp.unix.sysv386 you write:

>In article <1991Mar23.145812.1381 at nstar.rn.com> larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>>I have been having problem with my digiboard PC8i
>>   generic open failed, errno = 16
>>
>>what does this error number (16) exactly mean?
>>

>In: /usr/include/sys/errno.h

>#define EBUSY   16     /* Mount device busy               */

more details - the problem starts up when running SLIP on
the digiboard pc8i -

after rebooting the machine (using the digiboard 4.6 drivers)
the pc8i works just dandy - but if slip is brought up from a
remote user via a dialup modem (on a bidirectional port) - the
problem with lack of dropping dtr and the inability to dial out
(resulting in the errno = 16 message) results.

if appears that if slip is brought up from the console (using
slattach /dev/ttyi1a 38400) with no activity on the serial lines
everything works fine but the problem is that from time to time
we loose the slip connection and we have to drop all serial connections
to bring slip back up again (or we will run into the above mentioned
problem)

is anyone else running slip on a digiboard pc8i along with
multiple high speed bidirectional modems locked at 19200 and
38400 baud?

OS is Interactive 2.21 (the latest) sysVrel3.2
--
   Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)
                        regional UUCP mapping coordinator