Differencies between Adaptec 1542A and 1542B?

IT Manager jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Wed Mar 6 01:32:40 AEST 1991

In article <PS.91Mar4114536 at lehtori.tut.fi>, ps at lehtori.tut.fi (Pertti Suomela) writes:

> Are there any compatibility or performance differencies between the
> Adaptec 1542A and 1542B SCSI drivers?

This system (tiamat) has both installed, and they seem to perform about the
same.  Currently, the 1542A is the primary host adapter (i.e. the boot drive
is connected to it), but I've used the 1542B as the primary also.  The 1542B's
boot ROM seemed to execute faster (i.e. it found ID 0 and ID 1 much more
quickly), but I've seen no other differences in performance.  The 1542B is
smaller card, and has nicer connectors on it, though.

--jim
James B. O'Connor			jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Ahlstrom Filtration, Inc.		615/821-4022 x. 651