Dell "Support" for Dell machines

Rahul Dhesi dhesi%cirrusl at oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com
Thu Mar 7 08:43:15 AEST 1991

I bought an AT from PC's Limited in 1986, which was the original name
of Michael Dell's company.  Two years later, when it was known as Dell
and was sending me wonderful color flyers every month, I called to ask
if they had a 3.5-inch drive I could buy for the same machine.  The
person asked me which company I worked for, and I explained that this
was a personal purchase and not for any company.  I was immediately
transferred to somebody else, who asked me the same question.

     for (i = 0;  i < 6;  i++)  {
	 ask him which company he works for;
	 transfer him to somebody else;
	 keep him on hold for 5 minutes;
    }

The sixth person promised to call me back, and never did.  So my next
machine was a Northgate...
--
Rahul Dhesi <dhesi%cirrusl at oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com>
UUCP:  oliveb!cirrusl!dhesi