9600 Modems with MNP5 --> Dialer for SCO wanted!

Michael Squires mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Fri Mar 22 02:11:06 AEST 1991

In article <1134 at pemcom.pem-stuttgart.de> ralfi at pemcom.pem-stuttgart.de (Ralf U. Holighaus) writes:
>Has anyone written a WORKING dialer program for SCO UNIX 3.2.2 to use
>uucp with a 9600 V.32 MNP5 modem? How shell I configure uucp with it?

I found it very easy to get a new modem working using /usr/lib/uucp/Devices
to point to an entry in /usr/lib/uucp/Dialers.  My TB is locked at 19200 but
I need to change parameters when dialing 2400 bps modems, so I have 19200
and S19200 as entries in Devices that point to telebitpep and telebitslow
in /usr/lib/uucp/Dialers.  There are enough samples in Dialers so that
modifying or writing one is quite simple.

The only problem is that Dialers does not allow you to handle modem error
messages intelligently, and uulog won't return very useful error information.
--

Mike Squires (mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu)     812 855 3974 (w) 812 333 6564 (h)
mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu          546 N Park Ridge Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408
Under construction: mikes at sir-alan.cica.indiana.edu