posting fixes, license, and the u-area bug

Dick Dunn rcd at ico.isc.com
Sat Mar 2 18:46:17 AEST 1991

See richard at pegasus.com (Richard Foulk)'s article for the disagreement.
Here, I'd just like to point out a couple of facts.

First, I have no idea whether anyone in ISC did contact AT&T, or consider
contacting them, asking for permission to post a fix.  I'm not in a place
to know all they've considered or attempted.  I was only expressing *my*
personal opinion that there were sound reasons to think that might not be
an expedient approach.

Second, in response to Richard's conclusion:

> One begins to wonder if ISC's motto isn't something like:
>
>     `Well, it probably can't be done ... and I'm too busy to check'

...I would like to emphasize that I do not speak for ISC.  I am not in
Support, nor affiliated with it.  Neither am I in the Product group.  I'm
not even in Santa Monica where the product work is done.  Therefore, if
you feel Richard's "motto" is an appropriate reaction to what I posted,
please apply it to me personally, not to ISC as a whole.  It is a reaction
to my opinions, not ISC's.
--
Dick Dunn     rcd at ico.isc.com -or- ico!rcd       Boulder, CO   (303)449-2870
   ...But is it art?