Nethack and Colour (was Re: Curses and color)

Tim Wright tim at dell.co.uk
Mon Mar 25 21:14:56 AEST 1991

In <1991Mar22.162859.19836 at bluemoon.uucp> grant at bluemoon.uucp (Grant DeLorean) writes:

>mhoffos at janus.mtroyal.ab.ca writes:

>>Does anyone out in the wide world of this newsgroup have any source that
>>displays text in color using curses/terminfo?  I am trying to get (*ahem*)
>>nethack 3p10 to use color -- the hooks are all in there, but it seems not to
>>work in Esix.

> Don't feel bad, I haven't gotten it to use color under ISC (2.2 or 2.21)
>and we are not the only ones. I started with 3.0i PL8, no joy on the color
>yet. The rest works great though.

I can't remember whether it's documented or whether you have to read the
source, but the solution is to 'set standout' in you NETHACKOPTIONS.
You will then get colour on an AT386 (assuming you're not using mono VGA :-)

Tim
Tim Wright, Dell Computer Corp., Bracknell    |  Domain: tim at dell.co.uk
Berkshire, UK, RG12 1RW. Tel: +44-344-860456  |  Uucp: ...!ukc!delluk!tim
Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast - Red Dwarf