Tesng et4000 and SCO Unix

Santiago Newbery newbery at stout.atd.ucar.edu
Wed Mar 13 03:01:09 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar11.082418.6434 at ugle.unit.no>, knutta at siri.unit.no
(Knut Alfredsen) writes:
|>I am planning to install SCO unix on my PC. I have a graphic adapter
based on the TSENG ET 4000 chip. Does this work with SCO unix ?

Yes and No...
I have an Orchid ProDesigner II SVGA card also based on the ET4000, running
under SCO ODT 1.0.0 .
The ODT driver is written for the older ProDesigner which uses an ET3000 chip.
This combination will work fine at 640x480. It will also operate at the
800x600 resolution, but with noticeable flicker. It will not operate at
1024x768.
I called both SCO, and Orchid and they both claim that they are working
on a new device driver for the ET4000. No one seems to know if ODT 1.1 will
include it.

--Santiago Newbery