Digiboard PC8i and dropping of DTR

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Sun Mar 24 00:58:12 AEST 1991

I have been having problem with my digiboard PC8i

The problem is, than on ports used for bi-directional
communications every so often DTR hangs high on the port.

The port remains usable for incoming calls (except DTR
never drops and logouts result in a login prompt without
disconnecting the caller) but outcoming calls with uucico
result in:
   generic open failed, errno = 16

what does this error number (16) exactly mean?

this problem is repeatable here using ANY of our modems
on ANY port (all we have to do is to enable bi-directional
communications on the port we want this problem to develop
on)

the digi utility ditty will lower dtr on the port after it
is in this "hung" state - but dtr will never drop normally
after a caller logs out and the port is still unusable as
a dial out port (producing the error 16)

--
   Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)
                        regional UUCP mapping coordinator