X386 1.1

Rick Summerhill rrsum at matt.ksu.ksu.edu
Thu Mar 7 07:39:07 AEST 1991

I am currently using Tom Roell's X386 1.1 with ISC 2.2.1 and have some
questions:

1.  I get errors from Xlib about too many clients.  I have 32 pty's and
    32 streams ports, so that is not the problem.  Anyone know why?
2.  Does anyone have a good 1024x768 configuration for a Sigma Legend card.
    My monitor will go to 66 Mhz.  Can 1152x900 be used in non-interlaced
    mode with this monitor configuration?
3.  I originally installed the X386 binaries on the system with 2.2.1
    and then later added TCP/IP.  Now the machine locks up quite often
    and I lose the console.  I can get to the machine over the net, however.
    X drops out and doesn't reset the keyboard, so there is no control left.
    Moreover, I get wierd activity while trying to run clients.  For example,
    trying to run an xterm will fail one time and then succeed the next.
    Is there a progam available to reset the keyboard?  That is, one that
    could be run from a remote terminal, but will reset the console setup?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

--Rick

Rick Summerhill                          Internet:  rrsum at hermzel.ksu.ksu.edu
CTA, Cardwell Hall                       Bitnet:    rrsum at ksuvm
Kansas State University                  Phone:     (913)532-6311
Manhattan, KS 66506                      FAX:       (913)532-5914