Unlimited software warranties

Robert W. Withrow witr at rwwa.COM
Sat Mar 23 00:30:56 AEST 1991

>"Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back" is just a slogan outside
>organizations that raise their prices a factor of two or more to cover the
>fraud.

Wow, it must be a really good `fraud'!  Within the last year I have
bought clothes, electronics, and, yes, some computer gear, from various
of these `fraudulent' firms, and have had to use the warrantee.  In
each case the firm rapidly, and with no questions, replaced the item,
or refunded my money (depending on what I asked for).  In each case
the cost of the item was within a few percent (say 5-7%) of the lowest
price I could find for comparable goods.  In the case of the
electronics item, it *was* the lowest price I could find.

I guess I better phone the Attorney General's office and report this
`fraud'.
--
---
 Robert Withrow, R.W. Withrow Associates, Swampscott MA 01907 USA