troubleshooting tools for Xenix 386

Michael Squires mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Tue Mar 12 14:19:39 AEST 1991

In article <55019 at cci632.UUCP> mes at sun80.UUCP (Ted Shawe) writes:
>I have a good friend with a 386 system running xenix v2.3.2 with 4 meg RAM, a 128 meg drive, swap is 6 meg. The system is used to run a CAD program called ARIS.

There is a system monitor modified for XENIX 386 that was posted here some time
ago; it checks everything but memory (hooks are there but that part of the code
was not finished).  I've used it under 2.2 and 2.3 (must be recompiled) and it
was useful; it allowed me to kill some zombie processes I couldn't kill otherwise.

I also use the AMI diagnostics for hardware testing.  If the system were mine
I would swap motherboards and DRAM and try again; having an entire multi-tasking
system hang suggests that hardware might be a problem.

I have sources and binaries for "monitor" if needed; call 812 333 0450, login
of "bbs", go to xenix386 download area and look for monitor.tar.Z and
monitor2.2.Z (2.2 binary).

(Mail to poster failed, no map entry for "sun80" at this site.)
--

Mike Squires (mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu)     812 855 3974 (w) 812 333 6564 (h)
mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu          546 N Park Ridge Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408
Under construction: mikes at sir-alan.cica.indiana.edu