Question SCO ODT V1.0 and Lanmanagers

Dion L. Johnson dionj at sco.COM
Wed Mar 27 09:25:44 AEST 1991

In article <1863 at rwzl10.UUCP- ton at rwzl10.UUCP (Ton Damen) writes:
-
-I have posted this question several times and didn't get a answer
-(except from Martin O'Nions; thanks). I am very interrested in a
-response from SCO.
-
-In our LAn we have several lanmanager servers (HP-lmx and 3com
-OS2-server).
-
-I can't contact the HP-lmx servers at all. All other TCP-connections are
-ok. I get the message server not responding.
-
-I can contact the OS2-server, but it seems that ODT doesn't perform a
-net login. I can only access the servers diskresources when i give the
-guest-account acces to all server resources.
-
-My question is simple:
-
-Does ODT lanmanager client support any of these servers?
-
-Ton Damen
-Rijkswaterstaat directie Zeeland
-afdeling informatiesystemen (AXI)
-koestraat 30
-4331 KX Middelburg
-The Netherlands
-(+31) 01180-86000

Ton, I asked our technical team here about this... the answer:

    ODT 1.1 should work fine to HP LM/X servers.
    The bug in earlier rev's of TCP was that the
    ODT machine did not properly handle the CALL
    RETARGET TCP over NetBIOS message.  Things to
    check are broadcast address and the NetBIOS
    scope identifier.  If the LM/X server is in
    user-level security, there should be an account
    on the server for the client machine name.

Your local friendly SCO dealer/distributor should be able to
help you get a release 1.1 update.

Dion L. Johnson
SCO Developer Relations Technical Mgr   400 Encinal St.   Santa Cruz, CA 95061
Bangpath:             ...{decvax!microsof, ucbvax!ucscc, sun, uunet}!sco!dionj
Domain style:  dionj at sco.com    FAX: 408-458-4227     Telephone:  408-425-7222