Esix SYSVR4 upgrade

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Mar 18 09:01:37 AEST 1991

In article <103413 at unix.cis.pitt.edu> cgwst at unix.cis.pitt.edu (Charles G. Watson) writes:

| To ESIX's credit, *GOD* only knows what AT&T is charging for System V.4
| sources + licensing.  Anyone want to fathom a guess of the costs outside of
| the normal ~$100k source license??

  I believe the total licinese fees for V.4, OpenLook, Motif, multiuser
are right around $400. I was told this by a vendor who sells that combo.

| I have not seen a decently prices V.4 !!anywhere!!.  I would be willing to
| invest a good amount of $$$ to see a GNU kernel right now!!

  I haven't seen one for free, either. But for less than $1k you can get
the Dell, which includes runtime, development, man pages, GNUemacs, MH,
pbmplus, X with all the popular window managers and libraries, etc.

  If you're not looking for "something for nothing" that looks pretty good.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX