Interactive 386/ix on Toshiba T5200?

Randy Jarrett rsj at wa4mei.UUCP
Sun Mar 10 11:02:21 AEST 1991

In <188 at swift.UUCP> ed at swift.UUCP (Edward Betancourt) writes:

>Hi all,
>We are presently considering purchasing a Toshiba T5200 portable and
>are interested in knowing if Interactive's 386/ix will work on this machine.
>Has anyone else done this? If so, any pointers, tips? I am aware that Toshiba
>does market it's own Unix but we have software that will definitely work
>under 386/ix. Not too sure about Toshiba's. Thanks for any help.

>Ed

At work we picked the Toshiba 5200c/200 to use for our sales force.
The 5200c is the full color vga screen.  The screen is real nice if
you don't have anything that moves around much as there it has a rather
long persistance.  Other than that We are real happey with them so far.

We are configuring them with 200 MB drive and 8 MB ram. I have also
added the Telebit Trailblazer 1000 internal modem.  I set the systems up
for 60 MB for dos (4.01 comes with them) and the rest for unix.  The
Interactive package (It was wild to receive 16 sets of both the unix runtime
and the X11 runtime at one time (( big boxes))) installs without any problems
(make a copy of the install disk before you start and use it) runs without
a hitch.  We have installed our product (field sales programs) both the
regular version and our new X version and no problems yet.  If you want the
top of the line in portables I would recomend the 5200 and the Telebits run
just fine in them (for those of you not aware the 5200 has 1 full AT slot and
on 1/2 slot internal) and the salesmen are estatic about the high speed after
having used 2400 baud on Grids and earlier Toshibas.

--
Randy Jarrett  WA4MEI
UUCP  ...!{emory,gatech}!wa4mei!rsj   | US SNAIL: P.O. Box 941217