ISC 2.2.1 tcp/ip mail problem

John M. Haugen haugen at bulus3bma.com
Wed Mar 13 06:15:52 AEST 1991

In article <1405 at compel.UUCP>, krp at compel.UUCP (Klaus Roy Poulsen) writes:
>   When ( trying ) sending mail via TCP/IP connections, an immediate return
> with the following error message occurs:
>
>     550 xx at yy.zz... Host unknown
>
> regardless of the actual host, known or unknown.

In my case, it is the gateway that is having the problem.  My error message
is very similar to the one above.  It is almost as if sendmail is treating
"xx at yy.zz" as a host name.

John M. Haugen              Domain:  haugen at bma.com
Bull Micral of America      UUCP:    ...!uunet!bulus3!haugen
900 Long Lake Road          ATT:  +1-612-633-5660
New Brighton, MN  55112-6400