Sendmail on ISC 2.2

Rolfe Tessem rolfe at w3vh.UUCP
Thu Mar 28 09:06:56 AEST 1991

My situation is so simple, it seems ridiculous to believe I can't
configure sendmail/smail (as delivered on ISC 2.2) to do this, but before
I pull my hair out I'd like a reality check from the net.

All I want to do is punt every uucp *and* domain-style address to uunet
via uucp.  That's it.

None of the provided sendmail.cf files do the trick, and I'm not sure
I want to spend the rest of my life becoming a sendmail guru.  If someone
could mail me a working .cf file, I'd be most grateful.

Oh, yes -- smart-host is defined in /etc/default/smail and in a skeleton
/usr/lib/uucp/paths file as uunet, so I don't think that's the problem.
OTOH, I don't see any sign that smail is touching *anything* in the headers
being created -- even with straight bang-path addresses.

I've looked at smail 3.1 as a sendmail replacement, but it looks just as
arcane as sendmail, so I'd rather avoid that route if I can just get this
simple configuration working.
--
Rolfe Tessem        | Lucky Duck Productions
rolfe at w3vh.UUCP	    | 17 Saint Luke's Place