BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX - WHERE IS THE FIX ?????

Bill Kennedy bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
Sun Mar 10 11:48:39 AEST 1991

>lumpi at dobag.in-berlin.de (Joern Lubkoll) writes:

[ wants to know where the fix is, I followed up that article a couple
  of days ago reporting that I had received mine in the USnail ]

karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) follows up:

>According to the sources I have with a major distributor of ISC, there is no
>fix yet.  I hammered them on this yesterday (again).
>
>ISC, THE WORLD IS GETTING PISSED OFF AT YOU.  CRAP OR GET OFF THE POT,
>GIVE US ALL A REFUND, OR LETS ALL SUE FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE!
>
>--
>Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)

Gosh Karl, I think that you need better sources or a minor distributor of ISC.
Then again maybe you need a better hammer or better connected news feed.  Maybe
all four...  Several days ago I reported that the diskettes arrived here and
the same day Marty Stewart reported that they were shipping.  Please disclose
either your source or the distributor so that we can put them on our "don't
go near beaux eaux" list.

Let's get some reality here.  You can't put the rain back in the sky about
the bug.  It's there and anything else about it is irrelevant.  The important
remaining part is how to get the fix and when it will arrive.  Marty Stewart
posted the phone number to call some time back.  Mine arrived last week.  Did
you follow Marty's instructions or have you just been hammering on your source
with a major distributor of ISC?

There's no love lost between you and Interactive; me neither for that matter.
They're off the pot, not offering refunds, and read your warranty with regard
to a lawsuit.  It might call itself a license agreement, but it's an as-is
warranty.  I was going to email rather than post but your article is so blown
out of proportion that I think it might mislead someone who doesn't know your
feelings about ISC and who might think that you had followed published
procedures to get the fix and had been declined.  Let's join forces and flame
ISC for something real, not some misinformation from an (by definition)
unreliable and anonymous source.  Your source is WRONG and you look a little
silly frothing about something that is clearly contrary to the facts of
the matter.  If you didn't call the phone number Marty posted then what do
you have to bitch about?  BTW I didn't call it (213) 453-8649, I was going to
wait for the smoke to clear, but I emailed.  Marty says that they are sending
it to everyone that called or emailed.  If you don't know how to use the
telephone or email, post again (we know you know how to do that) but be sure
to cite your serial number and mailing address.  I'm sure that they read
news and would understand why you had to post.
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {att,cs.utexas.edu,pyramid!daver}!ssbn.wlk.com!bill
              internet    bill at ssbn.WLK.COM   or attmail!ssbn!bill