Unlimited software warranties

Karl Lehenbauer karl at ficc.ferranti.com
Tue Mar 26 11:31:32 AEST 1991

In article <ZH6A11E at xds13.ferranti.com> peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>Sarcasm aside, how long did you wait before excersizing the warrantee?
>John's talking about a completely open-ended guarantee... any time you
>want, just bring it back and we buy it back. No questions asked.

Yeah, if I could have I would have sent my 286 Unix back for a refund once I
upgraded to a different vendor's 386 version for sure.

See here, if you got use out of something for a goodly while, even if it's
still in perfect condition, as software would be, you can't really expect
to get your money back, or wouldn't everyone want their money back once
they were upgrading their systems, going to new software, etc?  Sure
they would, and how are your vendors supposed to make money, then?
--
-- Have computer, will travel.	    Same old story, same old song;
				    it goes all right till it goes all wrong.