NFS SCO HELP NEEDED !!!

Marc Unangst mju at mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us
Sun Mar 3 03:23:02 AEST 1991

dcs at sixcom.sixcom.it (PC applications group) writes:
> 	nfsd: cannot register with CP.
>
> I suppose that CP stands for cpd; is it right ?

Yes, that's right.  Under stock ODT 1.0, the nfsd included does not
have server capabilities; i.e., you cannot export filesystems on your
system for others to mount.  In order to do this, you must either buy
the Server Upgrade from SCO, which also gives you an unlimited-user
license and the Ingres server stuff and things like that, or get the
SLS that upgrades your nfsd to server capability.  Unfortunately, I
don't believe that this SLS is on sosco anymore, and I don't have the
disk with me now, so I don't know what the number is.  Also, note that
this SLS does bad things to your /etc/perms/bundle/odtps file, which
prevent you from serializing ODT again.  This means that you should
save a copy of /etc/perms/bundle/odtps before you install this SLS,
install this SLS last, and if you ever need to install something that
requires you to re-serialize ODT, you must restore your original odtps
file, serialize the product, and then re-install this SLS (after
saving a copy of odtps, of course).  Annoying?  Yes.  But we're doing
it, because we don't want to spend $1500 for the server upgrade just
to be able to export filesystems.

Note that ODT 1.1 will not have this "feature".

--
Marc Unangst               |
mju at mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us  | "Bus error: passengers dumped"