g++ on SCO Open Desktop

trevor at trevan.uucp trevor at trevan.uucp
Mon Mar 4 20:39:19 AEST 1991

I have been trying to build g++ 1.39.0 on SCO's Open Desktop using Chips
patches. I used Chips makefile but changed it to not use the gnu make.

I compiled g++ 1.39.0 and libg++ 1.37.0 ok.
(I did use the patched gnulib3 from gcc).

Now when I tried to compile groff 1.0 the linker complains of duplicate
symbols. In particular free_list in node.o, env.o, and input.o. These
symbols should be static but they are made external by g++.

I tried renaming these but then ld would get signal 10 which is a bus error.

Please can anyone help

--
				regards trevor
						trevor at trevan.uucp