multiple SCSI drives

Heiko Blume src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de
Wed Mar 13 08:51:59 AEST 1991

jka at radar0.larc.nasa.gov (J. Keith Alston) writes:

> Hello,
>    Anyone know if there is anything within ISC unix v2.2 which
>    limits the number of SCSI drives that can be connected to
>    an Adaptec 1542A controller. Seems like I saw something
>    about the HPDD being limited to 4 drives.

you can have up to two adaptecs.
you can have up to four *disk* drives on each of them.
you can have up to three other (i.e. tape) devices on each of them.

that means you can connect eight lovely 2.5GB drives for a total of 20GB :-)
(unformatted). now if i could only afford one of these suckers for my
archive, i'm reaching the high water mark.....
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93
                  public UNIX source archive [HST V.42bis]: