BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX - WHERE IS THE FIX ?????

Bill Kennedy bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
Thu Mar 7 11:02:19 AEST 1991

In article <KTRODMM at dobag.in-berlin.de> lumpi at dobag.in-berlin.de (Joern Lubkoll) writes:
>Hello,
>interactive told us that the fix for the u-block bug would be
>available 22.2 1991, but until now there wasn't any reaction !
>
>My german vendor told me, that there isn't a fix yet !
>
>So WHERE IS IT ????
>
>jl
>
>--
>lumpi at dobag.in-berlin.de  --  "Nothing is the complete absence of everything."
>lumpi at dobag.north.de -- "What do you think about being lonely the whole life?"

Mine was in todays mail and it even included an update to get me to 2.2.1.
There were two packages, one for my 2.0.2, the other for 2.2, postpaid and
nicely packaged.  I should also add that there was typeset complete doc for
it as well as a letter signed by Marty Stewart.

I didn't ask for the 2.2.1 update but apparently it's required for the fix to
work.  I've led more than one charge, wielding a thermite torch, to complain
about Interactive.  I can grumble that the bug was there in the first place
but I must compliment them on the prompt and professional way they handled it
once they got on it.  Whoah!  I wasn't damning with faint praise, that didn't
say "once they got around to it", given the short period of time they had from
the time they started, they did a first class job.

I think that Marty Stewart deserves the benefit of a doubt here.  If we're too
quick to paint the "new broom" with the "old brush" we're likely to get more
of what we've already howled about.  I don't know about anyone else, but I'm
running out of vendors and this one is making encouraging noises.  I'm going
to hunker down and see if there's really a change, I'm dreaming, or wishful
thinking.  In the mean time,

WAY TO GO MARTY ! ! !
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {att,cs.utexas.edu,pyramid!daver}!ssbn.wlk.com!bill
              internet    bill at ssbn.WLK.COM   or attmail!ssbn!bill