X386 1.1a update

Paul de Bra debra at wsinfo11.info.win.tue.nl
Wed Mar 13 19:57:22 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar12.095822.9896 at Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE> roell at informatik.tu-muenchen.de (Thomas Roell) writes:
>Ok I forgot some important features:
>	SCO support in source.
>	KDQUEMODE now integrated for AT&T 3.2.x
>	Better errorhandling
>BTW, are there any new ideas what do improve/add to X386 1.2 ?

Will any of the OS choices (ISC, ESIX, SCO) also work on AT&T sVr3.2.1?

Also, from the Xconfig file and my initial attempts to look at the stuff
I get the impression that X386 only works in 256 color mode.
I only have a 256k VGA board (over 2-years old). None of the examples
in Xconfig are of a 256k board. With AT&T's Open Look I do get
800x600x16 and that would be sufficient for me.
Can X386 handle 16-color modes?

Paul.
(debra at win.tue.nl, debra at research.att.com)