Dell UNIX compatibility question

James Van Artsdalen james at bigtex.cactus.org
Fri Mar 1 15:33:32 AEST 1991

In <1141 at applix.com>, scotte at applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) wrote:

> The DELL guy I talked to told me about this 30 day thing, but I couldn't
> open the media...

Sigh.  Who did you talk to?  Yes, you get to install it and try it
out.

> Also, DELL only ships on 150Meg tape, right?  Is there a way to get going
> with a SCSI tape drive (i.e., is there a boot floppy kernel with enough
> brains to allow pkgadd from the SCSI tape??)  The DELL guy didn't know,
> and never returned me an answer...

Now I *really* want to know who you talked to.  The boot floppy knows
about the Adaptec AHA-1542B - it should just work.
--
James R. Van Artsdalen          james at bigtex.cactus.org   "Live Free or Die"
Dell Computer Co    9505 Arboretum Blvd Austin TX 78759         512-338-8789