Trailblazer settings under ISC v2.2

Greg Andrews gandrews at netcom.COM
Fri Mar 8 01:27:04 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar6.152028.3748 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu (Brandon Brown) writes:
>On pages 251-252, the ISC "Unix System Maintenance Procedures" Guide gives
>the suggested settings for the Telebit TrailBlazer PLUS modems.
>
>A couple of the settings they tell you to set will return an error on
>the modem. The two I get errors on are:
>
>	ATX3
>	ATS51=254
>
>I understand that I may not have the PLUS series of modems, so what should
>I be using in place of these?

The version 3 firmware had both of those settings, and it was the
first version with complete support for Unix things (like uucp
transfers).

Type "ATI3" and find out what version of firmware you have in your
modem.  Then call Telebit tech support.  They can tell you what
kinds of features your modem currently supports, and can give you
a number for testing PEP connections.  The number is 1-800-TELEBIT.

--
| Greg Andrews      |   gandrews at netcom.COM |