Xenix? Really? (was Re: Unlimited software warranties)

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Fri Mar 15 10:42:16 AEST 1991

In article <8137 at rsiatl.Dixie.Com> jgd at Dixie.Com (John G. DeArmond) writes:
>Really?  On what planet?  What I see from the outside as a consultant is
>SCO trying to dump Xenix and will do so as soon as the existing customer
>base turns its head long enough.

I don't blame them.  Supporting two radically different operating systems,
each with a completely different set of tools, is a pain.  Do you blame them
for trying to dump the one that the market doesn't really want?

Why do you think SCO went to 3.2 in the first place?  It wasn't because they
own stock in companies that manufacture disk drives and memory chips!

If people wanted small, stable products, why did sales for XENIX decline as
soon as ISC and AT&T announced their versions of 3.2?  Why do I see so many
people in this group saying how much they want SysVr4?

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."