Wangtek 5150ES/Adaptec 1542B and ISC 2.2

Doug Pintar dougp at ico.isc.com
Fri Mar 1 07:13:02 AEST 1991

In article <stritzi.667759635 at ss5> stritzi at ss5 (Peer Stritzinger) writes:
>I have problems installing my Wangtek SCSI Tape under Interactive Unix 2.2.
>
>ISC reports "2 SCSI DRIVES FOUND" during power-up. There is only one SCSI-
>harddisk connected to the Adaptec 1542. Changing the SCSI-ID of the tape
>doesn't have any effect.

I tried to reply via e-mail, but your 'from' line didn't work with my mailer.
Here's the message:

What problems are you having?  The driver SHOULD report 2 drives found --
one disk and one tape.  The device nodes should be
/dev/ct    c  41  8     ; rewind-on-close
/dev/nrct  c  41  0     ; no-rewind-on-close

The driver does no buffering, so use the -C option on cpio (make sure the
number you specify, when multiplied by 10, is a multiple of 512 and less
than 384 KB) or pipe things through 'dd' using a big buffer for the tape
(I use something like 'cpio -oBcv | dd ibs=5120 obs=320k of=/dev/ct').

Let me know if you still have problems,
DLP