Western Digital Ethernet Cards

dave himes himes at virga.ucar.edu
Sun Mar 31 03:19:01 AEST 1991

>I got the software with it allright. However the documentation offers to clues as
>to whether the IRQ-I/O address settings selected with the software are stored in
>some kind of EEPROM or forgotten as soon as the machine is shut off. The former
>would be ok for Unix use, the latter pretty inconvenient. Does anybody know?
>
>-- tom
>----

The software selected setting are stored in "on-board, non-volatile"
memory (quoted from the document that came with one of the 8bit cards).
We have several of the programmable boards in use right now, all are in
Unix systems.

It's quite convenient;  I use a bootable DOS diskette with the
WD setup program on it to configure the boards.  It only takes a moment.

David Himes                            himes at ncar.ucar.edu
UCAR-COMET
Boulder, CO