Rebooting Sys V/386

W.c. Rothanburg wcr at metro.tree.metrolink.com
Wed Mar 27 21:36:22 AEST 1991

In article <419 at srs.UUCP> dlucy at srs.UUCP (Doug Lucy) writes:

   Is there a way to force a sys V/386 3.2 system to reboot?
   I need to cause a reboot from a remote login after changing
   the kernel with idbuild. Is there a way to do this with
   just shutdown? Can it be done with a call to reset the system?

I know under ISC, and probablyy the rest too, you can issue an init 6
and the system will shutdown and reboot.  If somebody is on-line, you
might want to let them know as it bypasses the /etc/shutdown script.

Bill

--
Who  : Metro Link, Inc.
What : X11.R4. for ISC Unix 386/ix, SCO Unix/386, and Everex ESIX
Sales: sales at metrolink.com
Email: wcr at metrolink.com
Phone: +1 305 970 7353
Fax  : +1 305 970 7351