Wangtek questions and AT&T Unix

Kurt Freiberger kurt at photon.tamu.EDU
Thu Mar 28 04:58:53 AEST 1991

  I have a Wangtek SCSI(?) cartridge tape drive.  It allegedly is a 60Mb
drive.  The model number is 54590F24.  The tape drives (which look the same) here at the lab are 5099EN24 type.  Can anyone tell me what I have and if it is the same genre, i.e., will it work if I get a QIC-02 controller?

  On another vein, my brother has a copy of AT&T Unix that was for a Unix-PC
at his place of business.  The business has gone away, but he still has the
packages in the shrink-wrap.  Will this run on a non-AT&T 386?

Thanks for reading this.
Kurt

--
Kurt Freiberger, wb5bbw	  kurt at cs.tamu.edu   409/847-8706
Dept. of Computer Science, Texas A&M University