Xgp server crashes system

Rob Lingelbach rob at xyzoom.info.com
Sun Mar 10 17:27:47 AEST 1991

I just installed an 8514A clone board in my 386 running ISC 2.2 with
X11r3; the board is the WD/Paradise "WD9510AT".
I built the Xgp server for the board, and marvel at how much faster
scrolling and window moves are with it.
But when I try to run Looking Glass v1.0a, the machine hangs completely
(SCSI light latched on) just at the moment that the color in the VISIX
opening logo screen is written.
The same crash occurs after a seemingly random amount of time with a
window using several colors--"kaleid" starts fine, but then a crash
occurs later.  Same with using the xgif viewer.
I'm running ISC Motif 1.0; if I don't try to run LG, and don't use a
client that wants several colors, Xgp seems stable.  My VGA server,
Xv256 for the STB Powergraph+ board, does *not* exhibit any problems,
other than slowness.

Does this sound like a memory problem--address contention between the
8514A and clients with color?  Or is it perhaps the Xgp server alone?
Does anyone else have this problem?

Please email if you can, thanks.

--Rob

Rob Lingelbach rob at xyzoom.info.com -or- {well-connected}!uunet!xyzoom!rob
KB6CUN   Compuserve: 71101,176
2641 Rinconia Dr L.A. CA 90068   voice: 213 464-6266
--------"'Tis pride that pulls the country down" (Shakespeare)-------