AST CC832 board/FAS

david.a.vancleef dvc at cbnewsb.cb.att.com
Wed Mar 20 02:58:39 AEST 1991

Recently at a computer show I picked up two of the AST 4-port serial
cards for ISA without documentation.  I'd like to run these boards in
one of my '386 systems using the FAS drivers, but need information on
the switch settings, or a contact number for AST.

The two boards are of different vintages, although both are labled as
CC832s.  The older one is dated 1983 on the mask and has a single 8
pin dipswitch directly above the connector.  The newer one is dated
1986, has a couple of what appear to be AST PALs on the board, and has
three banks of dipswitches, 2 sets of 3, labeled with IRQ assignments,
and one 4 position.

If anyone has documentation on switch settings for either or both of
these boards, please let me know.