I need help!

Dee Vint dcvint at lion.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Mar 10 09:54:40 AEST 1991

I am using a 386 machine running SCO unix 3.2 R2 (I think its R2)  anyways,
I have been running pcomm for about 3 months with no problems.  In the last
couple of days for some reason my filesystem started acting up so I ran
fsck and fixed all the problems (still don't know the cause) but now pcomm
doesn't work it says "Can't open tty2A for read and write".  When I do a

cu -ltty2A dir

As the sysadmin manual says, it says connected  and I can type:

ATDP 555-1212

and it will dial etc..

Does anybody know what might be the problem?  It is really frustrating!!!
The fsck deleted some uucp files but I re-installed the affected files (cu &
uudecode)  It might have deleted something else but I didn't see it.  I looked
through the pcomm source and the error is generated after it does a call
to open.

Now a general question:

I use kermit to download and upload stuff through pcomm but when you do this
the screen remains blank until the operation is done.  It doesn't print any
information on how things are going.  Is there anyway to get kermit to at least
show me its alive while its working?

Thank you in advance,

Diane Vint.