UUCP over TCP/IP

Phill St. Louis stlouis at unixg.ubc.ca
Fri Mar 22 13:05:07 AEST 1991

I am trying to get UUCP to function over TCP/IP on InterActive Unix 2.2.

At the start of the Dialers file is a message that says "Types that appear
in the 5th field must be either built-in functions (..., TCP, ...) or ...

My question is how do you use this built-in function?  What I get (with
uucico in x9 debugging mode) when I place TCP in the 5th column is

TCP not found in Dialers file
set interface UNIX
getto ret -1
Call Failed: CAN'T ACCESS DEVICE
exit code 101
Conversation Complete: Status FAILED

My Devices file contains the following line for TCP
TCP,et el - Any TCP -

My Systems file contains the following line for the mirek machine:
cartnet Any TCP - - in:--in: Umirek word: mnuucp1

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Phill