Unofficial info on Intel-to-Interactive SYSV R4 transition

Heiko Blume src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de
Fri Mar 22 01:21:21 AEST 1991

witr at rwwa.COM (Robert W. Withrow) writes:
[Release 4 rumours]
>While I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this information, I can claim
>that the above is an accurate rendering of what I got from the people
>at Intel and Interactive.  I think the bottom line is that if you are
>holding your breath, you are likely to be very blue...

the info i got from/at interactive at CeBIT faire in Hannover last week:

- they had release 4 version 3 running there with Open Look and everything.
- an upgrade from 2.2.* will cost $200 and will be available around april,
  *BUT* that's *NOT* for customers, but for developers/resellers for
  testing/porting/getting-used-to/etc.
- the bug fix is now shipping in europe.
- there'll be a developers conference in L.A this summer.

btw, Douglas Miller, Director European Operations of ISC, was one
of the friendliest and most helpful people i met at CeBIT,
and i met a *lot* of people...

of course i'm into requesting said update these days :-)
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93
                  public UNIX source archive [HST V.42bis]: