VP/ix questions - Error on B: drive, booting from psuedo D: drive

Seng-Poh Lee, Speedy splee at gnu.ai.mit.edu
Tue Mar 26 11:44:44 AEST 1991

My previous post got really messed up, so here goes again;

I am having some problems with VPix regarding my B: drive. I have a
1.2M 5 1/4" A: drive and a 1.44M 3 1/2" B: drive. My cmos
configuration is set up that way. In the users vpix.cnf, I set A: to
/dev/rfd096s15 and B: to rfd1135s18 but everytime I bring up vpix, it
always say General Failure on drive B:. I can access drive B: fine
from Xenix, and A: drive works fine under vpix. Any suggestions?
I'm running Xenix 2.3.2 with VP/ix 1.1.

Now, heres the funny thing. When I use a DOS utility under vpix to look
at my cmos configuration, it tells me I have two 1.2M drives! What gives?
Could that be my problem, and if so, how do I get vpix to correctly
pick up my cmos values.

On another unrelated issue, is there any way I can make vpix boot from
a psuedo D: drive instead of C:? The way it is now, vpix takes the C:
drive, which means I can only access my DOS partiton C: drive as D: or
higher. This kind of messes up all my programs configuration, batch
files etc!

TIA for any help.

Seng-Poh Lee		splee at gnu.ai.mit.edu