ISC Multi-User Extension

Dave McLane davidg%aegis.or.jp at kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Mar 4 12:29:54 AEST 1991

alexb at cfctech.cfc.com (Alex Beylin) writes:

> That is a bug in the sysadm script.   I don't recall of-hand
> what has to be changed to fix it.  Warranty Support will give
> you the fix, if you need it.

>From what I can tell, sysadm is a program, not a script; if it was
a script I would be tearing it apart (if I'm wrong please let me know).

As for Warranty Support, uhhhh, maybe they could, but I don't know
if they will. About the only thing they have done is help me spend
my money listening to their recorded message that "you can expect a
return call within 24 hours" I'm still expecting....

Actually, that's not quite true, I got through to them a couple of
times and they refused to replace the defective disk I have sitting
right here on the table in front of me because they said my serial
number was for single user.  The only way I got the wrong disk (it
only has the upgrade for the OS, not VP/ix; luckily that part of
the orignal disk was OK) was to have the place I bought it get it
for me.

I've sent off a request for another disk but, uhhhh, well, what
can we say about support like this?

So (everybody), please don't send me to the mythical INTERACTIVE
Warranty Support; my one month of free "support" was over before I
could get them to help me....

--Dave @"I'm not being bitter, I'm just realistic."