Problems with tbl

Kevin L. McBride klm at gozer.UUCP
Wed Mar 13 03:41:38 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar7.201521.11987 at vicstoy.UUCP> vickde at vicstoy.UUCP (Vick De Giorgio) writes:
>I have ISC 2.0.2. No matter what I do with the 'tbl' command, all I
>can get it to do is display a 'usage:' message. Is there something
>_really_ wrong with this command? Is there a fix? Thanks. =V=

Yes, it is really broken.  The same problem exists on 2.2 as well.
Call ISC and ask them for the patch that fixes it.

As an alternative, you can get groff.  It supports output devices that
people outside of AT&T really have.  The only downside to groff is
that you have to get a G++ compiler first. :-(

--
Kevin L. McBride     |Contract programming (on and offsite)   |Brewmeister and
President            |X, Motif, TCP/IP, UNIX, VAX/VMS,        |Bottle Washer