SCO Responds to security bugs (was: SCO UNIX C2 Security)

John Pettitt jpp at specialix.co.uk
Wed Mar 6 22:49:13 AEST 1991

ronald at ibmpcug.co.uk (Ronald Khoo) writes:
>casey at gauss.llnl.gov (Casey Leedom) writes:
>> [[Ad homin attacks on John deleted.]]
>Honestly!  They weren't attacks of any kind.  Maybe a gentle ribbing, and
>mostly just wanting to know exactly what John's position was.
>Besides, the point about the support contract was a serious question
>that I actually would have liked an answer to, though John didn't address it.
>That's his privilege.

Firstly our sco ES contract does not prohibit us from talking about
problems in released software (it does on beta but tha't quite
normal).

Secondly the bug in question is not related to rexecd as ronald suggests.
I am not going to be drawn into describing the bug however I will say
again:

	If you are using SCO 3.2.[01] with TCP/IP and NFS you need
	to install the security fixes !

--
John Pettitt, Specialix International,
Email: jpp at specialix.com Tel +44 (0) 9323 54254 Fax +44 (0) 9323 52781