Ultrix 2.2 and SL/IP anyone?

Frederick M. Avolio avolio at decuac.DEC.COM
Wed Feb 3 08:13:08 AEST 1988

In article <19683 at felix.UUCP>, beadel at oswego.UUCP (Edward F. Beadel, Jr.) writes:
> In article <18690 at felix.UUCP> chris at bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Chris Peck) writes:
> >Also - is anyone out there running SLIP (serial line IP) on an Ultrix
> >system?  ...

> We are wanting to do this also. We *should* be getting 2.2 (and source code)
> "any day now". Some-one at DECUS said that they had done this but I
> can't find the address in the pile of junk I brought back with me.

Yeah... That was probably me and my big mouth, Ed.  Anyway, here's the
scoop.  *I* will be putting SLIP on *my* system.  I haven't upgraded
it to ULTRIX 2.2 yet because we do not as yet have the sources.  When
I do I will get SLIP up and running on ULTRIX 2.2.

Now, availability....  I guess I will try to make a BINARY KIT
available to those who write to me about it, but I MAKE NO GUARANTEES
AND WILL NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT.  If there is some way that you can prove
to me that you are a source site I will probably send the sources for
SLIP modified for ULTRIX.

Fred (I may regret this)