Multiple swap partitions across drives/controllers

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.UUCP
Wed Feb 3 03:14:49 AEST 1988

In article <19682 at felix.UUCP> jeff at necntc.nec.com (Jeff Janock) writes:

> You do NOT want to list /dev/ra0b as a swap partition in /etc/fstab
> if you are booting a kernal configured as above, but make sure that
> any other partition you want to swapon is listed in the /etc/fstab.
> ie. (from our 780 still running 1.2 - sigh :-(
>
> 	/dev/ra0a:/:rw:2:1
> 	/dev/ra1b::sw::
> 	/dev/ra2b::sw::
> 	etc...
>
> You will receive an error message if ra0b is listed -
> (I cannot remember the exact wording of the message)

/dev/ra0b: no such device.

This doesn't seem to be a problem, as long as you know that the /etc/fstab
entries duplicated what was configured into the kernal.

BTW, I was talking to some people in the Ultrix support group this afternoon
and they said that Ultrix 2.2 had been released.  They did ask where I was
located, so perhaps there is geographical staging going on.  Anyway, I asked
my local sales rep to quote up a 1.2 -> 2.2 upgrade for me.  Of course last
week the sales people were denying any knowledge of Ultrix 2.2...  8-)