Personal name in MAIL.

warren sypteras warren at sniff.dec.com
Wed Jul 20 00:13:49 AEST 1988

I'm running ULTRIX-32 V2.2 on a MicroVAX.  I would like to be able to
include the same feature that the VMS mailer has; PERSONAL_NAME.

Looking through the sendmail.cf file I can see how to substitute text
in place of the $x macro which I understand, is supposed to equate to
the full name of the user.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to put something (a command
maybe) in place of the $x that would cause sendmail to look for and include
text in a file in the senders account.

For example; $x is replaced with somthing that causes sendmail to include
the text in ~warren/.personal_name.

Is the above possible to do in the sendmail.cf file?  If not, is something
else possible?  I don't have any sources and reading the available documentation
is, well.......shall I say tortuous! :-)

Warren

[ You already get your full name as displayed by "finger" and you can change
that with "chfn".  -- Art Z. ]