DECnet-Ultrix v2.0 does not work with Ultrix v2.2

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.UUCP
Tue Mar 1 11:33:22 AEST 1988

In article <22161 at felix.UUCP> jsp at sp7040.UUCP (John Peters) writes:

> 	We have recieved ULTRIX 2.2 at Weber State College, I installed
> it and it was fine except one bitch of a detail, DECNET-ULTRIX would not
> install with it.  If you are running this product I suggest you wait for
> DECNET-ULTRIX 2.2 to install it or you'll end up wasting 12 hours of time
> also.  We are back to 2.0.

EEK!  What kind of problem did you have, and what does DEC have to say
about it?  I just ordered Ulrix 2.2 and Decnet 2.0 to upgrade from
good old 1.2 and the local sales types didn't mention any prerequisite
problems...

[ It's true.  I have checked with a couple of sources at DEC and
you cannot use DECnet Ultrix v2.0 with Ultrix v2.2.  You must get
DECnet Ultrix v2.2.  It is available now, no waiting. :-)
    -- Art Z. ]