DZ11 problems under Ultrix

ls at datlog.co.uk ls at datlog.co.uk
Sat Mar 12 04:09:20 AEST 1988

> Does anyone know how to change the parity on a DZ11 in an 11/785 running under
> ULTRIX 2.0?  It seems to produce 7 bit space parity all the time and we can't
> figure out how to change it (ideally to 8 bit no parity)

Try 'stty raw' (or its equivelent ioctl call - sg_flags = RAW).

I dont think you can set 8 bits no parity and keep the tty 'cooked'.

(On a related topic - DEC have told me that due to a bug in the driver,
 it is impossible to set 8 bits even/odd parity on Ultrix 1.2 running
 on a MicroVax. It sounds like there are some strange things in their
 driver).

--
	Les Smithson