panic: rmfree

Mr. Uucp X5277 gilgut at cg-atla.UUCP
Thu Mar 3 09:23:51 AEST 1988

In article <23255 at felix.UUCP> jsloan at wright.UUCP (John Sloan) writes:

>We're hoping someone has seen this before, and knows more about it than
>
>Crash:		panic: bad rmfree

Yup. We've seen it. Know what it is too. It's not your disks, it's
your tape driver software (if in fact what you are getting is what we had)
Do you see tape drive errors in the errlog? You mentioned "while doing
restore" which is what keyed it for me. We installed a new patch from Ultrix
Support, tmscp.o, and the next time the tape drive was accessed, wham!
the same panic. I suggest if you can, to back out the copy of tmscp.o etc
and replace it with the previous version.
Good Luck.....
					Steve

--
Steve Gilgut, Compugraphic Corp. Wilmington, Mass. 01887 (617)658-5600 X5277
UNISIG Suite/Campground Coordinator; DECUS U.S. Chapter