silo overflow message points to wrong device/port

Gordon Vickers gordon at prls.UUCP
Wed Mar 2 03:31:43 AEST 1988

    Ever since I installed Ultrix 2.0 (two weeks ago), I have been
  occationally getting the error message:
        dz1.4: silo overflow
    The real source of the problem seems to be dz0, port 3 .
    Looks like the discrepancy is just a differance in numbering
  conventions.  The source of the error messages apparently numbers
  devices and ports by starting with "1" , whereas /sys/conf/MYVAX
  specifications start with zero.

 Gordon P. Vickers, (408) 991-5370, Signetics Corp. PO Box 3409  M/S 69
 Sunnyvale, California,  USA  94086
 {pyramid, philabs}!prls!gordon
 "Of all the things I haven't got, I like gold the best"
                       A lyric sung by Elmer Fudd in _The_Wacky_Wabbit_