/etc/init -> /bin/init

Nancy Shoemaker nes at prcrs.UUCP
Wed May 4 08:52:15 AEST 1988

fuat at columbia.edu:

> In general, I do not find the release notes very helpful at all.  If
> you want a laugh, try reading section 2.5.17 on page 2-22...  Not
> exactly the most useful paragraph I've seen.

Actually, my favorite was 2.5.18, "Regular Expression Handling".  To
date, that's the only response I've seen to the SPR ICA-6498 that
we filed on 5/5/87 (though on 4/4/88 SPR administration told me that
the reply was sent on 3/31).

Section 2.5.18 reports that there are limits to the length of the
regular expression that can be handled by ed, ex and the grep type
commands.  [Surprise?]  The SPR reported that the limit will sometimes
be exceeded by the command /usr/bin/calendar.  When the month ends on
a Saturday or Sunday, the regular expression generated on the last
Friday will be longer than egrep can handle and calendar will abort.
Don't expect Ultrix v{1.1,1.2,2.0,2.2} "calendar" to remind you of
anything important on Friday, April 29, 1988!