Ultrix <-> VMS via decnet ?

Laurence Yaffe lgy at blake.acs.washington.edu
Sat Feb 4 06:20:20 AEST 1989

    I recently installed Ultrix DECnet software on one of our microvax II's.
It seems to work - I can do remote logins, file copies, etc over dnet.
However, I don't understand how access permissions are supposed to be
handled between machines.  I can't find any analogue of .rhosts files.
As a result, I can't seem to copy a file from a local (Ultrix) node,
into any directory on a remote (VMS) node except those which are world
writable.  Is there some way to do this?  Apologies if this is all
explained in the documentation I never got :-), I can't find anything
useful in the on-line manual.

    On a related note, does anyone have print spooling set up to ship
files to a VMS machine via decnet?  If so, I would appreciate an
explanation of just what you did.  Thanks.

    Please send replied via e-mail (unless you really think its worth posting).

Laurence G. Yaffe		Internet: lgy at newton.phys.washington.edu
Department of Physics, FM-15	  Bitnet: yaffe at phast.bitnet
University of Washington
Seattle WA 98195